Fall in Minnesota is a magical time of year, with crisp air, stunning foliage, and an array of fun activities. From apple picking and pumpkin patches to scenic drives and hiking trails, there's something for everyone. In this guide, we'll explore the best things to do in Minnesota in the fall, so you can make the most of this beautiful season. Whether you're a local or just passing through, you won't want to miss these unforgettable fall experiences. During the fall season in Minnesota, there are numerous activities and events that you can enjoy. Here are some suggestions on what to do during fall in Minnesota:
1. Explore the Fall Foliage: Witness the stunning transformation of Minnesota's landscapes as the leaves change color. Take a scenic drive along the North Shore of Lake Superior or visit one of the state parks, such as Itasca State Park or Jay Cooke State Park, to immerse yourself in the vibrant fall colors.
2. Visit Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes: Fall is the perfect time to visit pumpkin patches and corn mazes. Bring your family or friends and enjoy picking pumpkins, navigating through corn mazes, and indulging in delicious fall treats like apple cider and caramel apples.
3. Attend Fall Festivals: Minnesota is known for its lively fall festivals. From Oktoberfest celebrations to apple festivals, there are plenty of events to enjoy. Check out the Minnesota Renaissance Festival, the Apple Festival in Stillwater, or the Twin Cities Harvest Festival and Maze for a fun-filled day of entertainment and activities.
4. Take a Scenic Train Ride: Hop aboard a scenic train ride, such as the North Shore Scenic Railroad or the Minnesota Prairie Line, and experience the beauty of Minnesota's countryside during the fall season. Enjoy the picturesque views of colorful foliage and rolling hills as you relax on the train.
5. Go Apple Picking: Minnesota is home to numerous apple orchards where you can pick your own apples. Spend a day at an orchard, enjoy the crisp autumn air, and fill your basket with a variety of apples. Many orchards also offer hayrides, corn mazes, and apple cider tasting.
6. Attend a Fall Sporting Event: Fall is the season for football and hockey in Minnesota. Catch a Minnesota Vikings football game at U.S. Bank Stadium or cheer on the Minnesota Wild hockey team at the Xcel Energy Center. Immerse yourself in the excitement of these sporting events and experience the passion of Minnesota sports fans.
7. Take a Hike or Bike Ride: Minnesota is known for its extensive network of trails and parks. Lace up your hiking boots or hop on your bike and explore the scenic trails during the fall season. The Superior Hiking Trail, the Mississippi River Trail, and the Gateway State Trail are just a few options for outdoor enthusiasts.
8. Visit a Winery or Brewery: Minnesota is home to a growing number of wineries and breweries. Take a tour, sample local wines or craft beers, and enjoy the cozy atmosphere of these establishments. Many wineries and breweries also offer outdoor seating areas where you can relax and take in the fall scenery.
These are just a few suggestions on what to do during fall in Minnesota. Whether you prefer outdoor activities, cultural events, or simply enjoying the beauty of nature, Minnesota offers a wide range of options to make the most of the fall season.